A pair of short is an inevitable part of anyone’s wardrobe this summer. Since summer means warmer days, then this could be a good way to freshen and lighten up. However, there are some dos and don’ts to be considered so that men will have proper guidance in becoming stylish and fab this season. This article will teach you some lessons on how to Stand Out, use your shorts and where to match it.
- Consider the length.
Length is really a factor to consider when wearing shorts so you need to get it right. The most ideal short measurement to wear is an inch or two above the knee.
Here are some quick guidelines:
- Tall men should go with shorts with above the knee length. This is to put a good balance to their long proportions. If a man has thin legs, it is advices to add a couple of folds in the hem so that the legs would seem to have a natural bulk.
- For short men, they should never wear a short which is beyond knee length. If possible they should wear 2-4 inches above the knee so that their legs could have longer appearance.
- If you have muscular and good legs, then you should flaunt it. Yet, take good caution of the shorter length. Fashion experts say that men with good legs could wear longer lengths. Do not fold or roll the hems if your legs have large frames.
- Choose a short with good fabric.
Because summer have warmer days, you need also to consider the type of material your shorts are made of. Keep it as cool and light as possible. The thicker the material, the more it will absorb heat. Avoid them to keep yourself comfortable.
- Test your shorts.
Another key to pick a good short this summer is, it should fit you very well. Fitting is a good way to check if your short really looks good on you. Some men fail to do this when purchasing their leg wear. Remember, a slim short is good but as temperature rises, this could cause inconvenience. Pick a fit that would not give you the feeling of fear of tearing your shorts. Summer is your time to move and be active. Don’t miss the fun of getting the wrong fit.
- Do not spend too much bucks on them.
Fashion would boost your confidence by making you look good. However, it does not follow that you spend a lot on them. Consider the price of the short you are going to purchase. Make sure it does not hurt your pocket. You can also try improvising. You can make your own shirt by cutting the trousers or denims which you do not use anymore. Give it a try and save up!
- Mix and match shorts with blazers.
The short and suit is a perfect combo. This adds a daring stylish fashion statement in summer. As a good tip, match the colour of your shorts to your jacket by embracing a contrast. Wear the combination with confidence to make you look hotter than the sun.